Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Punch storage

I love the MS punches.  Especially, the punch around the page punches.  What I don't like is having to dig through a box or draw to find the punch I want. I want them all set out so that I can see them.  Finding a way to store (display) my punches was a great challenge.  I saw on the message board where many people where using some kind of rods from Ikea.  This would be great  - but too costly for me.  How could I  get the same effect at a cheaper price?  I purchased dowel rods, cheap white ribbon, and upholstery tacks.  A little hammering and my punch storage was complete.  I did have to double the ribbon on the end to keep the tack from pulling out of the ribbon.  Overall, it works like a dream.  I can see all my punches at a glance.  Choosing the one I want is no problem. 
Before you ask,  there are punches on the other side of the self also.  I am about ready to start on the side of another shelf.  Shhh, don't tell my husband.  I don't think he realizes how many punches I really own.  You know what they say,  the best place to hide something is out in the open.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea, I love it. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fantastic! Very creative. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is awesome. Looks like you'll need another one soon!

    ReplyDelete